As a direct report to the Director of Human Resources, this position will also have a matrixed accountability and reporting relationship to the assigned Division President. The incumbent will have responsibility for providing Owen Oil Tools Business Unit Leaders with consultation and services focused on employee relations, performance management, compensation administration, statistical analyses, leadership development and training, succession planning, recruitment and retention.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies Business Unit HR needs and provides expertise to define and execute HR strategies to meet those needs in a timely and effective manner.
- Responsible for working with regional HR and local HR/Payroll support (when applicable) to administer and manage an integrated set of HR policies, programs, procedures and practices to align with corporate strategies as well as achievement of Business Unit and departmental objectives. Provides guidance and support to standardize Human Resources processes and procedures (e.g. policies, performance management).
- Responsible for working with customer groups and regional HR to align strategies, cultures, processes and organizational structures with the needs of the Business Unit, ensuring that the Core Lab culture is integrated into all HR processes and practices within areas of responsibility.
- Proactively gathers and analyzes various Human Resources statistics to monitor trends (e.g. exit interviews, turnover, development plans, performance reward systems) and develops recommendations and strategies to ensure Business Unit effectiveness in the areas of retention, performance management, and employee development.
- Responsible for working with the Business Unit customer to assess hiring needs and practices and creates solutions to respond to those needs. May work with the Technical Recruiter (as appropriate) or local management in the planning of and participation in identifying candidates for key/critical hard to fill positions within the Business Unit. Must communicate and coordinate with the Technical Recruiter or local management, to consult with leaders in the creation of staffing plans as well as the development and implementation of strategies to meet Business Unit needs for talent.
- Responsible for assisting leaders with recruitment process management in the utilization of the applicant tracking system (where applicable). This includes, but is not limited to, providing coaching/training to increase user confidence in the system; ensuring the completeness, accuracy and integrity of applicant flow data; and providing consultation to leaders on recruitment strategies for hard-to-fill positions.
- Responsible for working with Compensation to evaluate and coordinate the work to address needs related to compensation programs, to include compensation survey participation, compiling data, and providing compensation market analyses to customers upon request.
- Provides and executes a full range of organizational effectiveness and consultation services in the areas of leadership strategic planning, program development and delivery, performance consulting and evaluation. Provides coaching to management regarding development opportunities to support leadership and employee development programs. Facilitates training sessions and meetings when appropriate and maximizes the quality and effectiveness of training through evaluation and follow-up.
- Responsible for communicating with the Organizational Development Manager to identify, develop and facilitate training programs. Develops opportunities for educating and communicating with employees (e.g. orientation, presentations).
- Provides coaching and guidance to managers in identifying and analyzing training and development needs of their employees including, but not limited to, HR processes, performance management, employee relations, employee development, compensation and succession planning.
- Works with the organization’s leadership and the Organizational Development Manager to develop a comprehensive succession planning process. Will be responsible for facilitating and maintaining the process which includes: identification of the organization’s critical positions, identification of the top candidates to backfill these positions, building a plan to develop candidates based on position needs, and monitoring status of progress. Responsible for communicating and coordinating the facilitation of the delivery of skills and competency enhancement initiatives to employees.
- Responsible for the identification, diagnosis and resolution of HR related problems or situations, calling on appropriate resources to resolve the issue. Provides consultation, direction and assistance in employee relations matters within designated customer groups.
- Understands customer requirements and provides high quality customer service in a timely and accurate manner.
- Continuously strives to assess customer needs and provide support to meet those needs.
- Identifies and evaluates changes in industry practices and business trends and recommends appropriate strategies to address these changes.
- Recommends and implements strategies to capitalize on opportunities that will improve the Company’s competitive position.
- Responsible for working with local Shared Service staff to monitor and advise on legislative/regulatory/statutory and/or Corporate policy issues in HR matters.
Other duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Advanced, knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of the Human Resources body of knowledge in the areas of employment law, compensation, performance management, leadership development and training, and employee relations.
- Strong analytical, statistical and business operations knowledge and skills are required.
- Strong consultative, negotiation, verbal, listening and written communication skills are required.
- Solid working knowledge of U.S. federal and state employment laws, international labor laws and regulations for a minimum of two countries (such as Canada and the UK) related to human resources. Must have a working knowledge of local country regulations/statutory requirements.
- Must have a knowledge of and sensitivity to cultural norms in order to successfully establish and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships and influence outcomes.
- Proven critical thinking skills are required for problem analysis and resolution.
- Ability to creatively and proactively handle unique situations.
- Demonstrated strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office and HRIS required; Oracle experience preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills are required in order to analyze data from diverse sources. Must be able to present outcomes of analyses in diverse formats, for example: written high-level observations of analyses (Word), tables and charts (Excel), and leadership presentations (PowerPoint).
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business required, with a concentration in Human Resources preferred. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five to seven years of senior level experience in Human Resources or Human Resources consulting practice required with an emphasis in one or more of the following major functional areas: employee relations, compensation, recruitment, and performance management.
- A thorough knowledge of the Human Resources body of knowledge, as well as general business acumen, is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- PHR or SPHR or local equivalent preferred
- Must have a valid and current passport
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure including foreign currencies, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Strong mathematical aptitude required, as demonstrated by advanced utilization of Excel for statistical analyses.
- A high level of conceptual thinking, judgment and decision making is required for solving problems that may affect many departments or processes, or for solving problems that require innovative approaches to complex situations.
- Demonstrated ability to view problems from the context of the larger picture of the organization’s overall goals and strategies in order to put the elements of problems into proper perspective. Seeks effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract or theoretical perspective.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may be asked to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position resides within a normal office working environment. International travel will be required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee may also be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals in some work areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Source Article from http://www.rigzone.com/jobs/postings/417442/Senior_HR_Generalist.asp
Senior HR Generalist
human resources – Yahoo News Search Results
human resources – Yahoo News Search Results