ALEXANDRIA, VA–(Marketwired – Nov 7, 2014) – Eleven national leaders in the human resources field were named today to the SHRM Certification Commission, an advisory group for the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Certification.
The SHRM Certification Commission, which has delegated authority from the SHRM Board of Directors, serves as an independent technical advisory committee. It manages the competency-based SHRM Certification program – SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP™) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP™) — including development of the exams, eligibility criteria and recertification requirements.
“Members of the commission represent the best in HR practice and academics. They bring extensive human resources experience, strong educational backgrounds and a commitment to certification and the HR profession to their roles on the SHRM Certification Commission,” said Henry G. (Hank) Jackson, SHRM president and CEO. “They understand the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to succeed as an HR professional today.”
The commission will be chaired by Wayne Cascio, Ph.D., distinguished university professor and the Robert H. Reynolds chair in global leadership at the University of Colorado-Denver School of Business.
“SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP represent new standards for certification in the HR profession,” Cascio said. “I’m proud to help SHRM shape the future of certification for our industry. I look forward to working with SHRM staff and an incredibly talented certification commission to offer state-of-the-art assessments.”
Other commission members are:
• John Boudreau, Ph.D., professor of management and organization, Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California, and research director, the Center for Effective Organizations;
• Trent Burner, vice president, global organizational effectiveness, Wal-Mart Stores Inc.;
• Jeff Lindeman, senior director, talent and engagement, San Diego County Regional Airport Authority;
• Betty Lonis, vice president, human resources, Navient;
• Santrupt Misra, Ph.D., director, group human resources, Aditya Birla Group in India;
• James Outtz, Ph.D., president, Outtz and Associates;
• Susan Podlogar, vice president, human resources, Johnson & Johnson;
• Richard Vosburgh, Ph.D., president, RMV Solutions, and vice chair, HR People & Strategy (HRPS) Board of Directors;
• Tim Young, director, field human resources, AutoZone Inc.;
• Sheldon Zedeck, Ph.D., professor emeritus of psychology, University of California-Berkeley.
Members of the commission are appointed by the SHRM Board of Directors to three-year terms that initially will be staggered to maintain continuity.
SHRM announced in May that it was creating a competency-based certification program for human resource professionals. SHRM plans to offer the first certification exam from May 1 to July 15, 2015.
The SHRM Certification is the culmination of more than three years of research and is based on the SHRM Competency Model, which was validated by more than 35,000 HR professionals around the world. These HR professionals identified the skills needed to grow and succeed in HR careers. The SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge documents nine behavioral and technical competencies on which the SHRM-CP™ and SHRM-SCP™ certifications are based.
More information about the SHRM Certification and the commission is available on the SHRM Certification website.
Media: For details or to schedule an interview, contact Kate Kennedy of SHRM Media Relations at 703-535-6260 and Kate.email@example.com.
About the Society for Human Resource Management
Founded in 1948, the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world’s largest HR membership organization devoted to human resource management. Representing more than 275,000 members in over 160 countries, the Society is the leading provider of resources to serve the needs of HR professionals and advance the professional practice of human resource management. SHRM has more than 575 affiliated chapters within the United States and subsidiary offices in China, India and United Arab Emirates. Visit SHRM Online at www.shrm.org and follow us on Twitter @SHRMPress.
Documents and/or Photos available for this release:
To view supporting documents and/or photos, go to www.enr-corp.com/pressroom and enter Release ID: 379905
Source Article from http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hr-leaders-named-shrm-certification-214102614.html
HR Leaders Named to SHRM Certification Commission
human resources – Yahoo News Search Results
human resources – Yahoo News Search Results